Midrand RCL FOODS DEPOT
Title: Shift Transport Controller
No. of positions: 2
Closing date: 15 April 2020
Ref no: RCL200331-5
RCL FOODS Midrand is seeking for a Shift Transport Controller to join their Logistics team in Vector Logistics Depot. The successful incumbent should have knowledge of transport and road regulations and bylaws.
The purpose of the role is to manage and maintain the fleet and transport team in a hub/depot, thereby ensuring that productivity and performance are maximize.
- Degree or Diploma in Transport OR Fleet Management
- Valid Code EB drivers’ licence
- 3 years’ experience (transport management environment)
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Fleet Control Manage the daily schedule.
- Manage staff performance in order to establish opportunities for development and harness strengths.
- Health and Safety Compliance Ensure all staff members comply with health and safety requirements. Investigate and report on all injuries on duty (IOD’s).
- Vehicle Maintenance Ensure that rcl foods midrand vehicles are sent for a service in line with the vehicle maintenance plan.
- Monitor transport performance against benchmarks
- Workshop Control Consolidate the total cost allocated to each truck on a monthly basis in a Cost Analysis Report.
- Demonstrate in report format the reasons for additional expenditure on vehicles.
- Complete a combined summary of all monthly expenditure and report on a cost analysis sheet ensuring that it balances to the income statement.
- Conduct a daily visual check on all vehicles, ensuring compliance with AARTO and organisational safety requirements.
- Record faults on the vehicle inspection sheet and ensure that the necessary vehicle repairs are completed timeously.
- Implement safe working procedures.
- Sustainability and Environmental Management Measure and manage sustainability practices within area of responsibility.
- Implement and monitor Sustainability Report targets.
- Ensure environmental legal compliance.
- Team Supervision Train staff on the Standard Operating Procedures that serve to guide their approach to work.
- Implement the Standard Operating Procedures through consistent application and communication. Ensure that staff understand the procedures and sign off the relevant documents.
RCL FOODS Midrand are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals