Title: Packline Operator
Division: Sasolburg Operations
Location: Sasolburg, Free State, South Africa
Sasol is seeking Packline Operators to work on packaging process, equipment and systems for a specific plant or unit within the Sasol environment to provide support to the Production environment to achieve production targets in an effective and safe manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remove metal detected bags from packline and hand over to the laboratory.
- Sample taking and analysis in plant lab and transport samples to lab.
- Operate multiple packline streams and a shrink wrapper. Assisting with stretch-wrapping of bulk bags.
- Check dust extractor fan bins.
- Driving a Forklift.
- Be capable of lifting and moving 25 kg bags.
- Be capable to move ± 50 kg shrink wrap rolls and slip sheet rolls with assistance from other operators
- Work shifts and do shift cover. It will also be required to work overtime (in accordance with legislation).
- Loading and offloading tankers.
- Do physical and uncomfortable work as stipulated in the job description.
- Fill bags to the correct weight, weighing of the full bulk bags and transporting bulk bags.
- Stick printed label to bulk bag and ensure printer is working.
- Fill in batch card with the correct grade, batch number, quantities, weight of bags and what silo it comes from.
- Check LP gas tank and electrical vaporizer levels and fill in log sheet.
- Clean plant and machinery during shift.
- Perform grade changes.
- Grade 12 or full N3
- Drivers licence
- Experience in a production environment
- Related exposure and experience as a Packline Operator (advantage)
- Ability to work under lot of pressure
- Leadership Competencies
- Continuously develop self
- Team Player
- Ambassador for living the Sasol Values
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be able to work independently
- CAPE TOWN: MILLWRIGHT PIONEER FOODS
- BOILERMAKER VACANCY RUSTENBURG RCL FOOD
- RUSTENBURG RCL FOOD: FITTER VACANCY
- ELECTRICIAN MALELANE RCL FOODS
- SASOL GROUP DIESEL MECHANIC VACANCY
- PRETORIA: ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN
Closing Date: 21 July 2020