ELECTRICAL APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME 2020
Duration: 2 Years
Location: Parow, South Africa
- At least N4-N6 electrical engineering qualification,
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office and maintenance software (SAP preferably)
- Adhere to Pepsico OHS regulations.
- Good electrical fault-finding skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Completes documentation relating to work done for future reference in the event of failures at PEPSICO
- Works with and through technicians and other employees to establish equipment performance before the breakdowns were reported.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
- Establishes whether the equipment breakdown is related to a missed planned maintenance or part failure or human interference
- Uses electrical test instruments to troubleshoot and test transformers, motors, switch-gear and other electrical devices for defects.
- Completes job card in consultation with the maintenance planner and requisitions parts depending on the outcome of the above.
- Corrects electrical systems and equipment malfunctions through testing, adjusting, sequencing, synchronizing and aligns such systems and equipment as AC and DC power supplies, main power control panels, motors, generators, circuit breakers and relay panels.
- Uses any of the problem (finding and) solving techniques like 5-Whys, RCA, decision trees etc to pin point the real problem behind failures/breakdowns Adhere to AIB and relevant food safety programmes and environmental protocols.
- Verify and execute preventive maintenance standards on all electrical distribution equipment.
- Reference to equipment drawings, engineering standards and GMPs in the performance and closing out of jobs done.
- Performs electrical preventative maintenance inspections and repairs on a variety of electrical equipment.
- Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Completes job cards and parts requisition documents timeously to improve on mean time to repair thus ensuring high plant availability
Serves as an electrical repairing, installing, replacing and testing electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
- Attends to all electrical and mechanical plant breakdowns and will conduct the diagnosis and report to PEPSICO management.
- Clearly dermacates workstation in accordance with procedures in the event of major work to minimise disruptions and possible injuries as a result of human traffic and area being used as thoroughfare.
- Ensures that scheduled maintenance in terms of Electrical plans is conducted as prescribed following defined protocols and compliance to GMPs